tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <>
Subject [PROPOSAL] Release the HEAD of j-t as Tomcat 3.3.2
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2004 02:48:42 GMT
It has been a long time since the 3.3.1 release, and there are several
important bug fixes in the CVS.  Therefore, I'm proposing cutting a 3.3.2
release with myself as RM (although I'll step aside if Larry really wants
the job :).

Time Line:
  This proposal will run until Thursday, Feb 12 (I was going to do Friday,
until I noticed that the date was the 13th :) 6:00 PM PDT.  At that point it
will become a [VOTE] that will last until Thursday, Feb 19 6:00 PM PDT.  If
the [VOTE] passes with 3 PMC +1s and no -1s and the enhancements below are
complete (with the possible exception of licensing), then we cut a 3.3.2-RC1
release.  I don't see that it is likely that we have any major regressions,
so I don't see the need for a Beta.  I propose to leave RC1 out for two
weeks until Friday, Mar 5 (March 4th isn't good for me).  At that point we
cut a 3.3.2 release.

Packaging Changes:
  I propose that we no longer ship src/native with the src distro (unless it
is too hard to modify Larry's scripts, in which case we include a do-not-use
in the release notes).  I'd also like to include the commons-daemon
procrun/w and jsvc (source) with the release, similar to TC 5.  Also I'd
like to make the CoyoteConnector2 (possible renamed to CoyoteConnector :)
the default connector in server.xml.  We can add a note to use the old
Connectors for people that can't use Java2.

Code Changes:
1)  I'd like to add a blocking option to o.a.t.startup.Main (e.g. 'startb')
so that 3.3 can be used with procrun.  Also make sure that the
init/start/stop/destroy semantics are there for jsvc.
2)  Add fix for Bug #8643 (allow to specify alternate module.xml files)
3)  Port the requestURI encoding fixes for TC 4/5 (although, I believe that
this is on DecodeInterceptor, instead of the Connector).
4)  Update license to Apache-2.0 (non-negotiable, with a March release date

Several of the LATER bugs have been already fixed, so mark them as such.  Of
the remaining 18 open bugs, they will be marked as one of

View raw message