tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: [5.0.19] Release vote
Date Wed, 18 Feb 2004 20:40:51 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jess Holle" <jessh@ptc.com>
To: "Tomcat Developers List" <tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, February 18, 2004 12:01 PM
Subject: Re: [5.0.19] Release vote

> Bill Barker wrote:
>
> >It looked like it should work, but I couldn't free up a machine to test
it
> >on (until now :).  You can get rid of the messages by adding:
> >  request.registerRequests=false
> >to your jk2.properties file.
> >

> Thanks.
>
> What are the  other effects of taking this action (and not taking this
> action)?

As long as the JMX registration of Requests is broken, the only effect of
setting this is to get rid of a lot of error messages in your logs :).

Once the JMX registration is fixed, doing this will prevent you from getting
Request statistics for AJP Requests via the status page (or any other JMX
agent).  Also, the JNI Channel will memory leak Request objects unless you
set this to 'false' (since they never get unregistered).