tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 3.3.2-dev current build is available
Date Fri, 20 Feb 2004 07:00:46 GMT
I looked into the Watchdog tests, and in all three failed cases for the
servlet tests, it is Watchdog that is wrong:
1) session.getMaxInactiveInterval can be called on an invalid session.
2) response.setContentLength(10) requires that you actually write 10 bytes.
3) With response.setLocale(new Locale("en","US")) you should expect to get
back en-US.

The Watchdog jsp tests are a total mess.  To start with, you have to clean
out the work directory between runs, or nothing works.  Having done that,
the failures fall into two categories:
1) Expecting "HTTP/1.0 200 OK", Got "HTTP/1.1 200 OK".
2) Expecting that javax.servlet.jsp.tagext is imported by default (which is
wrong).

I think that we are ready for RC1 :).

----- Original Message -----
From: "Larry Isaacs" <Larry.Isaacs@sas.com>
To: <tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, February 19, 2004 8:15 PM
Subject: Tomcat 3.3.2-dev current build is available

A current build Tomcat 3.3.2-dev is available at:

    http://www.apache.org/~larryi/tomcat-3.3.2-dev/

For a release candidate, the version string is teaked,
CVS tagged, and the distribution files built from the tag.
Prior to doing this, we may want to sanity check the
current build to make sure there aren't any obvious issues
prior to tagging.

The self tests run with with just a couple of Watchdog
failures that need a little looking into.  I'll look into
this tomorrow.  All other failures are where Watchdog is
looking for "HTTP/1.0" and is getting "HTTP/1.1".

Cheers,
Larry