tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <>
Subject [VOTE] Release the HEAD of j-t as Tomcat 3.3.2
Date Fri, 13 Feb 2004 04:42:27 GMT
The (modified) text of the proposal is below.  The [VOTE] runs until
Thursday, Feb 19 6:00 PM PDT.

[ ] +1 I agree with this release and will support it.
[ ] +0 I agree with this release, but can't support it.
[ ] -0  I disagree with this release, but won't block it.
[ ] -1  I don't think this release should happen because:

It has been a long time since the 3.3.1 release, and there are several
important bug fixes in the CVS.  Therefore, I'm proposing cutting a 3.3.2
release with myself and Larry as co-RMs (mostly since Larry has volunteered
to do so much work on this :).

Time Line:
  If the [VOTE] passes with 3 PMC +1s and no -1s and the enhancements below
complete (with the possible exception of licensing), then we cut a 3.3.2-RC1
release.  I don't see that it is likely that we have any major regressions,
so I don't see the need for a Beta.  I propose to leave RC1 out for two
weeks until Friday, Mar 5 (March 4th isn't good for me).  At that point we
cut a 3.3.2 release.

Packaging Changes:
  I propose that we no longer ship src/native with the src distro.  Also, we
will remove src/native/mod_jk from the CVS.  I'd also like to include the
procrun/w and jsvc (source) with the release, similar to TC 5.  Also I'd
like to make the CoyoteConnector2 (possible renamed to CoyoteConnector :)
the default connector in server.xml.  We can add a note to use the old
Connectors for people that can't use Java2.

Code Changes:
1)  I'd like to add a blocking option to o.a.t.startup.Main (e.g. 'startb')
so that 3.3 can be used with procrun.  Also make sure that the
init/start/stop/destroy semantics are there for jsvc.
2)  Add fix for Bug #8643 (allow to specify alternate module.xml files)
3)  Port the requestURI encoding fixes for TC 4/5 (although, I believe that
this is on DecodeInterceptor, instead of the Connector).
4)  Update license to Apache-2.0 (non-negotiable, with a March release date

  Several of the LATER bugs have been already fixed, so mark them as such.
the remaining 18 open bugs, they will be marked as one of

  Future releases of TC 3.3 will be governed by the TC 4/5
release-then-vote-on-status model.  It is likely that future releases are
going to be just security-related, so streamlining is good :).

View raw message