tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: JSSE 1.4: 'Want' vs. 'Need' Client Certificate Authentication
Date Sat, 24 Jan 2004 06:30:00 GMT
I've updated TC 5 to support "want".  Until I figure out how to get the
'admin' webapp to work with the changes, I'm holding off committing the
Connector changes for TC 4.1.x (since we are just before a release, and I'd
like the release to go GA :).  However, the patch is sitting on my
hard-drive already to be committed.

"Becker, Michael" <Michael.Becker@archongroup.com> wrote in message
Bill,
I'm not sure what the best way to submit these are, but here is a first
stab at an implementation of this.  I was able to successfully test and
run this under Tomcat 4.1.29 using the Jakarta-tomcat-connectors source
package distributed with 5.0.18 (should be the latest from my
understanding).

Attached are the patch files for:
org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteServerSocketFactory
org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteConnector
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.jsse.JSSESocketFactory
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.jsse.JSSE13SocketFactory
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.jsse.JSSE14SocketFactory

Let me know if I'm on the right track... (I haven't done a diff in
years, I'm not sure if I did it backwards or not, but I did 'diff
<new_file> <original_version>').

Thanks,
Mike