tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Internal document anchors ?
Date Mon, 26 Jan 2004 18:22:40 GMT

Howdy,

>Noticed this morning that in at least one Tomcat document:
>http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/jk2/index.html
>some internal document anchors <a name="xxxx ?"> end with a question
mark,
>which means any link to them will fail due to the question mark being
>dropped by the server. I use IE6sp1 and the links to some parts of the
>above
>document are now broken for me.
>Perhaps someone can attend?

I think it's a bit more subtle: space followed by question mark doesn't
work.  A question mark preceded by a letter does work.  That's why the
"Are there alternative ways" link works.  Can you confirm that?

FYI, if you want other files/sections to be modified, please provided a
complete and specific list of files and line numbers.  Thanks,

Yoav Shapira