tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "David Meier" <me...@logmail.net>
Subject Error in mod_jk Makefile?
Date Thu, 15 Jan 2004 13:53:59 GMT
I am trying to build mod_jk-1.2.5 from source on FreeBSD 4.9-RELEASE and I
encounter at the end of the build process the following error:

/usr/local/bin/bash /usr/local/apache/build/libtool --silent
--mode=install cp `pwd`/mod_jk.so
libtool: install: you must specify a destination
Try `libtool --help --mode=install' for more information.
*** Error code 1

Whe looking at the Makefile it looks like the build stops at that command:

mod_jk.so: mod_jk.la
        $(LIBTOOL) --mode=install cp $< `pwd`/$@

Unfortunately, I have no expirience in writing Makefiles, however, it
looks like that line does not work on FreeBSD.

Anyone any idea to rewrite that line or to edit the command manually? Thanks.

Dave.