tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Krüger <krue...@signal7.de>
Subject checkContextLastModified() question
Date Fri, 30 Jan 2004 15:04:27 GMT

Hi,

I'm looking into eliminating (or configuring) the delay between
modifying my web.xml files and restarting of the context during
development, which according to Yoav is not configurable. I looked into
the code. However, I don't quite understand the criterion which is used
to decide whether a reload should be performed.

starting in line 783 in HostConfig
                         if (newLastModified > (webInfLastModified +
5000)) {
                             webXmlLastModified.remove(contextName);
                             restartContext(context);
                         } else {
                             webXmlLastModified.put
                                 (contextName, new Long(newLastModified));
                         }

I don't understand the first comparison. The lastModified of web.xml
must be at least 5 seconds after the lastModified of the WEB-INF
directory? I'm sure I do not understand it correctly. Could someone
please shed some light on this?

Thanks in advance,

Robert

--