tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Krüger <krue...@signal7.de>
Subject Handling of JNDI ResourceLinks
Date Thu, 22 Jan 2004 09:58:06 GMT

Hi,

currently it is not possible to use ResourceLinks to bind a
UserTransaction in the java:comp context of a web application because
the way it is implemented ResourceLinks are always bound in the
java:comp/env context. I stumbled across this because I thought it would
make sense to configure my transaction manager only in one place and
have all my webapps access it via ResourceLinks instead of copying the
configuration for each webapp, which did not work. The current behaviour
is not documented and a little hard to understand. It is only a minor
thing (therefore I'm not filing a bug) but I would be grateful if you
could make that little change to make the behaviour a little more
consistent. I have attached a patch that does this which you may use if
you agree with the (rather simple) way I fixed it.

Thanks in advance and regards,

Robert

--
Robert Krüger