tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Hans Bergsten <h...@gefionsoftware.com>
Subject Re: TLD problem
Date Mon, 19 Jan 2004 20:09:52 GMT
jshrinivas@tatatechnologies.com wrote:
> I have defined one java function and want to refer it in my JSP application.
> For doing this I have prepared a .tld file as

> <!DOCTYPE taglib PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD JSP Tag Library
> 1.1//EN"
> "http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/web-jsptaglibrary_1_1.dtd" >
>
> <taglib>
>
>  <tlibversion>1.0</tlibversion>
>
>  <jspversion>1.1</jspversion>
>
>  <shortname>MY_Tags</shortname>
>
>  <uri>myfunc</uri>
>  <info>
> 	    Author: Shrinivas Joshi.
> 	    version 0.1
>   </info>
>
> <function>
>   <name>replace</name>
>   <function-class>com.edu.function.eduFunction</function-class>
>   <function-signature>String replace( java.lang.String,
>     java.lang.String, java.lang.String )</function-signature>
> </function>
>
> </taglib>
>
> Also I have defined the tag lib in web.xml file as
>   <taglib>
>
>     <taglib-uri>myfunc</taglib-uri>
>
>     <taglib-location>/WEB-INF/ttlfunction.tld</taglib-location>
>
>   </taglib>
>
> However when I try to include the tag lib in my JSP pages using
> <%@ taglib uri="myfunc" prefix="ttlfunc" %>
> then Tomcat (4.1.12  ) is throwing below error:
> org.apache.jasper.JasperException: XML parsing error on file
> /WEB-INF/ttlfunction.tld: (line 20, col 11): Element type "function" must be
> declared.
>
> Can anybody help me out in this regards

Functions were added in the JSP 2.0 spec, so you need to use a JSP 2.0
TLD instead of a JSP 1.1 TLD. You must also use a web container that
supports JSP 2.0, such as Tomcat 5 instead of Tomcat 4.

Hans
--
Hans Bergsten                                <hans@gefionsoftware.com>
Gefion Software                       <http://www.gefionsoftware.com/>