tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Krüger <krue...@signal7.de>
Subject Re: status of JTA integration
Date Fri, 16 Jan 2004 11:59:26 GMT

Remy Maucherat wrote:

> I'd like to point out that Geronimo does not have anything to do with
> either Tomcat or Jakarta.

I missed that, you're right

> I thought JOTM was the TM of the moment :-(
> Oh well ...
:-(

> The other useable TMs I know about is the one from JBoss. It embeds
> Tomcat, and you can configure JBoss to have just Tomcat + the TM + the
> DataSource (+ the management stuff) so maybe it can work for you.
I might try that, although currently my patched version of tyrex works
fine and I'm a little reluctant to put in a monster like jboss just for
JTA and connection pooling but if the tyrex people will not accept my
additions/fixes in CVS tyrex is of course a dead end and jboss might be
the only sensible way to go.

> This was removed because people complained about bugs which were not
> fixed (since the project is no longer really active). So I'm reluctant
> to add back support. I got in touch with a Tyrex developer a few months
> ago, and suggested they added a standard ObjectFactory in their
> distribution. I don't know if they did it (if they did, great, there's
> no problem anymore).
makes sense. I will try to contact the tyrex people again. If they don't
want it, so be it.

Thank you for the quick answers. They helped.

Robert