tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Alain Baucant <a.bauc...@aubay.lu>
Subject how to REDIRECT after HTTPS connection failure ?
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2004 07:27:44 GMT

Hello,

I really think it's a question for the dev mailing list.

my goal:
to use httpS with CLIENT and server authentication to connect to tomcat
and
be able to REDIRECT users who can't identify themselves (can't establish
the https connection) with their certificate.

If, for any reason (for example: no client certificate) the ssl
connection can't be established, how can I redirect the user to another
page.

I already tried, without succes under httpS, the <error-page>...
declaration in the web.xml

The problem seems to be: tomcat doesn't see any error (nothing in the
server log file showing the user attempted to connect). And the server
doesn't reply to the browser.

On a https connection failure : is there any exception tomcat could
catch ? Or any other way to redirect the user ?

Thanks for your help,
Alain Baucant.