tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark R. Diggory" <mdigg...@latte.harvard.edu>
Subject Problems Instantiating JNDI LdapDirContext as resource.
Date Tue, 13 Jan 2004 22:27:46 GMT
I'm hoping to be able to build a Federated Namespace and be able to
access my ldap context in a federated fashion from the "java:comp"
context for instance "java:comp/env/ldap/ou=foo,o=bar".

<Resource type="com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory" auth="Container"
name="ldap"/>
<ResourceParams name="ldap">
    <parameter>
       <name>java.naming.factory.initial</name>
       <value>com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory</value>
    </parameter>
    <parameter>
       <name>java.naming.provider.url</name>
       <value>ldap://localhost:389</value>
    </parameter>
    <parameter>
       <name>java.naming.security.authentication</name>
       <value>none</value>
    </parameter>
    <parameter>
       <name>java.naming.referral</name>
       <value>follow</value>
    </parameter>
    <parameter>
       <name>java.naming.ldap.referral.limit</name>
       <value>1</value>
    </parameter>
</ResourceParams>

If I understand correctly, all the ResourceParams will be handed to the
constructor of a LdapDirContext by the above Factory provided by Sun and
that I should be able to acquire this context simply with

Context ctx = new InitialContext();
DirContext ldap_ctx = (DirContext) ctx.lookup("java:comp/env/ldap");

However, I consistently get:

Message: Cannot create resource instance
javax.naming.NamingException: Cannot create resource instance
	at org.apache.naming.factory.ResourceFactory.getObjectInstance(Unknown
Source)
	at javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getObjectInstance(NamingManager.java:299)
	at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.naming.SelectorContext.lookup(Unknown Source)
	at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:345)

Any help or comment would be greatly appreciated.
-Mark

--
Mark Diggory
Software Developer