tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Kevin Pfarr <kevin.pf...@asolutions.com>
Subject Re: JMX JRMP rmi registry port configuration
Date Fri, 09 Jan 2004 00:10:40 GMT
The option mx.jrmpPort is used for registering the JRMPAdaptor to the
NamingService, by setting the PROVIDER_URL.  When the NamingService is
regeristered it creates the rmi registry whiCh defaults to 1099.

The code below will show what I mean about setting the port on the rmi
registry.  The code below is from the class org.apache.jk.common.JkMX.

<snip>
jrmpServerName = new ObjectName("Naming:name=rmiregistry");
mserver.createMBean("mx4j.tools.naming.NamingService", jrmpServerName,
null);

// new line to set the rmi registry port to 1199
server.setAttribute(naming, new Attribute("Port", new Integer("1199")));

mserver.invoke(jrmpServerName, "start", null, null);
log.info( "Creating " + jrmpServerName );
</snip>

-Kevin

Bill Barker wrote:
> [...]
recipient(s), and may contain information that is PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL.  If you are
not an intended recipient, you may not read, copy, or distribute this message or any attachment.
If you received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail and then
delete all copies of this message and any attachments.

> In addition you should be aware that ordinary (unencrypted) e-mail sent through the Internet
(unencrypted) e-mail.

Kevin Pfarr  Software Engineer
PN:   314.678.2231
FX:   314.436.2559