tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-catalina/catalina/src/share/org/apache/catalina/core StandardHostDeployer.java
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2004 20:41:21 GMT
Mark Thomas wrote:

> It isn't beyond the realm of possibility that I am doing
> something stupid. This is what I did. Whilst looking into
> bug11682 I created a very simple web app (just index.jsp)
> made a war and then tried to deploy it via ant. I modified
> the build.xml from the manager how-to and added the task
> below.
> When using the deploy target, the results were as
> described previously.
> The root cause of the problem is that ExpandWar.expand
> doesn't do anything if the context path is an empty string.
> Hope this clarifies things.
>
> Mark
>
> <target name="deploy" description="Deploy web application">
>   <deploy url="${url}" username="${username}" password="${password}"
>           path=""
> war="file:///C:\\javadev\\bugsopen\\bug11682\\build\\bug11682.war" />
> </target>

The idea is that when uploading a WAR, you'd have a .war with the right
name, and no "path" attribute. Otherwise, you may have trouble after
restarting. Maybe a context file gets saved in that case (this would
avoid some of the trouble).

I believe your war will get uploaded to webapps/bug11682.war, right ?
The manager servlet should IMO be smart and rename your war to
webapps/ROOT.war (this is simpler, and consistent with everything else,
this way).

I think I'll need to try it.

Rémy