tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Jess Holle <>
Subject Re: Bug 23929: ServletRequest.setCharacterEncoding()
Date Mon, 05 Jan 2004 16:08:23 GMT
Remy Maucherat wrote:

> Jess Holle wrote:
>> Remmy, et al:
>> The API is *not* optional.  It is a required part of the servlet spec.
> Great. I didn't know that ;-)
> How about:
> - Not CCing me. I'm subscribed to tomcat-dev already. thanks.

> - There's big threads, commit messages (incl recent ones), and bugs on
> this issue. How about reading that before writing an email about how
> bad things are.

I did search the archives for such threads before even filing my
duplicate bug, so apparently my searching is inept.  I'll look again,
but pointers would be appreciated.

> BTW, there's no bug.

It would be nice if the bug comments described why it is not a bug.  I
understand Bugzilla is not a discussion forum, but it would really help
future reporters of an issue not to resurrect old issues if the bug
comments contained a final summary as to why the bug was closed as

Did I and the other reporter mis-use the API?  The API presumably must
work, so how are we misuing it so that it does not?  If it does not
work, then how does this meet the spec?

Jess Holle

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: