tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <r...@apache.org>
Subject Y2004 copyright update
Date Fri, 02 Jan 2004 13:48:48 GMT
Happy new year everyone :)

I found this useful info on the commons-dev mailing list:

"Committers should update the copyright notice on the Apache License to
include the current year when they revise a source file. If it is 2002,
and you revise a source file from 1999, change the copyright notice in
the license to cite "1999, 2002". If the file was from 2001, we would
change it to 2001-2002. And so forth. This will happen most often in the
early part of a year, but maintenance of the copyright date should occur
year-round, as needed."

I'm sure I'm going to forget about it, though ;-)

Rémy