tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From jshrini...@tatatechnologies.com
Subject TLD problem
Date Mon, 19 Jan 2004 11:00:28 GMT
I have defined one java function and want to refer it in my JSP application.
For doing this I have prepared a .tld file as

<!DOCTYPE taglib PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD JSP Tag Library
1.1//EN"
"http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/web-jsptaglibrary_1_1.dtd" >

<taglib>

 <tlibversion>1.0</tlibversion>

 <jspversion>1.1</jspversion>

 <shortname>MY_Tags</shortname>

 <uri>myfunc</uri>
 <info>
	    Author: Shrinivas Joshi.
	    version 0.1
  </info>

<function>
  <name>replace</name>
  <function-class>com.edu.function.eduFunction</function-class>
  <function-signature>String replace( java.lang.String,
    java.lang.String, java.lang.String )</function-signature>
</function>

</taglib>

Also I have defined the tag lib in web.xml file as
  <taglib>

    <taglib-uri>myfunc</taglib-uri>

    <taglib-location>/WEB-INF/ttlfunction.tld</taglib-location>

  </taglib>

However when I try to include the tag lib in my JSP pages using
<%@ taglib uri="myfunc" prefix="ttlfunc" %>
then Tomcat (4.1.12  ) is throwing below error:
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: XML parsing error on file
/WEB-INF/ttlfunction.tld: (line 20, col 11): Element type "function" must be
declared.

Can anybody help me out in this regards

Thanks and Regards
Shrinivas Joshi.