tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "David Rees" <dr...@greenhydrant.com>
Subject TC 5.0.17: Relative context path no longer works
Date Thu, 15 Jan 2004 00:26:32 GMT
In previous versions of Tomcat, I've used a relative context path like
this to setup the manager webapp:

<Context path="/manager" docBase="../server/webapps/manager" debug="0"
privileged="true"/>

If I use the absolute path to the manager directory everything is OK.  I
couldn't find any mention of this in the changelog.

However, this no longer works in 5.0.17 and I get a ClassNotFoundException.

I can provide stack traces if it would help.  The exact same config works
fine in 5.0.16.

BTW, someone needs to add 5.0.17 as a Tomcat Version to bugzilla.

-Dave