tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Fernandes <mo...@jrgassociates.com>
Subject Multiple applications single signon.
Date Tue, 13 Jan 2004 14:13:27 GMT
I am having two aplications (Say: 1. AddressBook & 2. Balancer) having similar login requirements.

For example there is user named john who should have access to both the applications AddressBook
& Balancer.
As of now Tomcat is requesting for login for both the applications separately. Requirement
is: Once the user, john, is logged in (authenticated successfully) to one application, he
should be automatically authenticated to second application. He should not get login page
twice.

How do I implement it on tomcat? Any ideas, suggestions greately appreciated.

regards,
Michael.