tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From bernard...@utoronto.ca
Subject Problems With Deployment
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2004 21:36:29 GMT
Hi,

I am a university student doing my thesis which involves the development of a
dynamic web application using Apache Tomcat.

At this point, I have completed the development of the web application on
Windows 2000 (using jakarta-tomcat-5.0.16).  I'm currently attempting to deploy
the web application on linux, but am encountering problems.

I have installed jakarta-tomcat-5.0.16 on linux, and have set the environment
variable: JAVA_HOME to the proper path.  I have transferred the entire directory
"/ACF" from the windows apache tomcat to the linux apache tomcat.

However, when I attempt to access a servlet through the web browser
(http://localhost:8080/ACF), i get a 404 error:

HTTP Status 404 - /ACF
The requested resource (/ACF) is not available.

The Web Server cannot find the index.html file!!!  Even when i direct it to the
proper location, I still receive the 404 error:
"The requested resource (/ACF/index.html) is not available."

I read through the documentation and can't seem to find a solution.
Your help in this matter is much appreciated,

-Bernard