tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: Jk2 object model
Date Mon, 05 Jan 2004 08:51:03 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Costin Manolache" <cmanolache@yahoo.com>
To: <tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Sunday, January 04, 2004 11:44 PM
Subject: Jk2 object model

> I remember some time ago Mladen (?) was suggesting to use C++ for jk2
> instead of the pseudo-OO programming. Did anything got discussed/decided
> about this or the low-level model ?

The only suggestion I remember like this is mine to use Xerces-C (and it was
heavily rejected :).  I'm not really in favor of paying the cost for C++ in
the critical code when the current implementation works well.  About the
only thing it doesn't have is multiple inheritance (which, if it comes up,
I'd rather do a COM-style QueryInterface, since it won't come up much).