tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-connectors/jk/java/org/apache/jk/server JkCoyoteHandler.java
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2004 07:01:29 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: <billbarker@apache.org>
To: <jakarta-tomcat-connectors-cvs@apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, January 06, 2004 9:32 PM
Subject: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-connectors/jk/java/org/apache/jk/server
JkCoyoteHandler.java

> billbarker    2004/01/06 21:32:44
>
>   Modified:    jk/java/org/apache/jk/server JkCoyoteHandler.java
>   Log:
>   Adding the required PAs to allow the Coyote-Jk connector to play in the
sandbox.

I'm not really happy with how this turned out.  The C2BC issue could
actually get solved by moving the check for 'null', but it just didn't seem
worth it (since it is a re-used component, the PA is invoked rarely).
However, invoking a PA for the status line bothers me.  My suggestion is to
change o.a.t.u.http.HttpMessages to make 'getMessage' an instance (instead
of the current static) method, and make everyone that wants to use it create
an instance (at a point where they know the call-stack is clean).  Excess
memory usage should be pretty small, and you avoid a big hit with the PA.

As always, I'm volunteering to do the code-monkey (&copy; Pier) part of the
project for TC 3.3.x-5.x.