tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Chris Wahl" <guoqian.w...@ezcross.com>
Subject About Book How Tomcat Works
Date Sat, 10 Jan 2004 19:15:11 GMT
I found the following message in tomcat  mail-archive , but we can't access the
book's link for several months, anyone one know what happened  to
the great book?  or are there any article or book similar to this one,
I need some material to help me to start reading Tomcat's code.

Any infomation is highly appreciated.
TIA

As you know , here is the book's link.
www.brainysoftware.com

-----------------mail begin
Remy Maucherat Tomcat Developers List" <tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Wed Jun 11 12:52:00 2003

budi wrote:
> Dear Tomcat Developers,
> I've been using Tomcat for years. It interested me so much that last year I spent three
months reading the >source code. I learned a lot, not only about how the servlet container
works but also how to design Java >applications in general. I particularly liked the idea
of valves and pipelines, as well as the hierarchical containers. >Knowing how Tomcat works
enables one to write better servlets too, IMO.

> I decided to share what I have learned in a book titled "How Tomcat Works".

Sounds great :)

I'll obviously add a link to your book on the resources page, and I'll
look at it when I have some time.

Remy