tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Jeff Tulley" <>
Subject Re: Understanding jakarta-tomcat-4.0 cvs source base / jasper
Date Wed, 17 Dec 2003 18:00:29 GMT
   Thank you, that is exactly the answer I was looking for.  That makes
things a lot more clear.  I would suggest removing the j-t-4.0/jasper
directory then, since 4.0.x seems done with.

>The source for Jasper in Tomcat 4.1.29 is from j-t-j/jasper2 with
>Tomcat_4_branch tag.  The head branch is for Tomcat 5.

>A lot of bugs filed against Tomcat 4.1.x has been fixed in Tomcat 5.
>Unfortunately I don't have cycles to apply the fixes to 4.1.x.  It
>be great if someone can do that, and I can help and/or anser questions

>The branch jakarta-tomcat-4.0/jasper was used for Tomcat 4.0.x
>and I don't think we are making new releases for Tomcat 4.0.x.

>> Quick question - Does the jasper that ships with Tomcat 4.1.29 come
>> the source code in jakarta-tomcat-4.0/jasper, or is it from the
>> jakarta-tomcat-jasper CVS module?
>> I am looking at some bugs in Bugzilla against Jasper, where they
>> complain about something in j-t-4.0/jasper/src/(some class), and the
>> is fixed in j-t-j/jasper2/src   I do not know whether to mark the
bug as
>> fixed or investigate further.
>> If the answer turns out that the source code in j-t-4/jasper is NOT
>> being used, what is there against removing it to avoid confusion?

Jeff Tulley  (
Novell, Inc., The Leading Provider of Net Business Solutions

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message