tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: Procrun improvements
Date Tue, 30 Dec 2003 05:20:24 GMT
Well, I admit that I don't follow commons-dev as closely as other lists, but
a quick search of Eyebrowse doesn't turn up any such item :).  And I am most
definitely karmically-challenged wrt Commons ;-).

"Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shapira@mpi.com> wrote in message

Howdy,

>> I think the following two items should be supported:
>> - I think it should be possible to specify a path to the JVM base
>> directory (this feature is supposed to be present, but doesn't
actually
>> work for reasons I can't remember); using the config dialog to change
>> the JVM path makes the config dialog refuse to start again
>> - when using "java", procrun should look at the JAVA_HOME env
property
>> before looking in the registry, to be consistent with all Java based
>> tools available
>>

>If you want to open a commons BZ item for this, I can attach patches
for it
>(I'm not a commons committer, so the round-about is all we've got if
you
>want to go through me :).

Definitely the JAVA_HOME environment is more important for me (I'm a
unix person ;)).

Bill, I thought we took care of making you a commons committer already?
I'm 99% sure I voted +1 on that??  Anyways, if not, I'll nominate you,
and I can commit commons patches (and be a release manager) until then.

Yoav Shapira

sender.  Thank you.