tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Greg.C...@pfizer.com
Subject RE: Intro/question possible buglet with Content-Type and Charsets .
Date Fri, 19 Dec 2003 15:38:17 GMT
> Greg.Cope@pfizer.com wrote:
> > Ah this still does not fix it I am afraid.
> >
> > Neither does the CVS patch.
> >
> > :-(
> >
> > Any objections to reopening the bug?
>
> Well, yes. Please do not reopen the report. Revisions 1.30 or 1.31 do
> (really) resolve the issue.

Pulled 1.31 from CVS - complied it with some debug statements and it appears
that Response.java setContentType is being called with:
application/vnd.ms-excel;charset=ISO-8859-1

When my code is:

<%@page contentType="application/vnd.ms-excel"%>

Can someone tell me where the glue code between my JSP page is and the
Response.class

> You can also use Tomcat 5.0.16, or 4.1.27; neither have this issue.

In our environment it takes about 2 weeks of work to upgrade tomcat
(testing, number of instances, and lot of documentation/evidence) hence I
need a hotfix.

> New Tomcat releases will (likely) appear early in 2004 to
> include a few
> bugfixes, including this one for 4.1.x.

Please see above.

:-(

########## my debug statements:

Response.java setContentType is starting with:
application/vnd.ms-excel;charset=ISO-8859-1
Response.java setContentType has ended up with:
application/vnd.ms-excel;charset=ISO-8859-1
Response.java getContentType is hase content type of:
application/vnd.ms-excel
Response.java getContentType charsetSet and characterEncoding are true and
is add+returning: application/vnd.ms-excel;charset=ISO-8859-1