tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Stansberry <brian_stansbe...@wanconcepts.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat authorization handling seems not to function according to Servlet 2.4 Spec
Date Tue, 09 Dec 2003 06:56:13 GMT
At 10:03 PM 12/8/2003 -0800, you wrote:
>The decision on whether to change the Realm interface, or
>move the header processing to AuthenticatorBase is still open.

So soon after such a major release it seems foolhardy to bring this up, but Phillipe's post
seems to have opened a can of worms....

Are there any plans to do anything about JSR-115?  As it's part of the J2EE 1.4 spec, I would
think that for a compliant appserver to embed Tomcat (any others besides JBoss??), Tomcat
would need to comply.  I bring this up because if there is consideration of API changes to
deal w/ the Servlet 2.4 authorization handling, it might be a good time to look into it.
I'd be happy to help in such an effort if there is any interest.

Brian Stansberry
WAN Concepts, Inc.
www.wanconcepts.com
Tel:    (510) 894-0114 x 116