tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <cmanola...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: 5.next + 4.1.x future
Date Tue, 16 Dec 2003 15:56:54 GMT
Remy Maucherat wrote:
> I'm interested in the following enhancements to 5.0.x in the future (=
> in january or later):
> - refactoring of the save to XML feature (that's been requested; I don't
> know if I'll use that to be able to use the admin webapp under JBoss,
> though); likely the default impl will remain the current one, but we'll
> be able to take out all that code from StandardServer :)

IMO the current one is pretty bad. There is a beginning in
commons-modeler, and IMO it is the right solution for the problem ( as
it tracks changes to the config - instead of trying to generate a new
file, and preserves comments and structure ). I don't know when things
will slow down a bit at work - but in january I'll try my best to free
some time.

Costin