tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Adam Fisk <af...@limepeer.com>
Subject Re: Dynamic DNS
Date Mon, 15 Dec 2003 16:17:26 GMT
You should be able to get your "real" ip address from your router
configuration app.  You can get your private subnet address from the
command line ("ipconfig /all" on Windows, "ip addr" on most Linux
distributions, or similar commands).  Then you need to forward incoming
requests on port 8080 or whatever port you're using now on your router
to the listening port on your machine running the server.  You're
probably already doing all that, but I just thought I'd be explicit.

Some dynamic DNS services also have utilities for reporting your real
address, although your router should tell you.

-adam