tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Adrian Offerman <t...@offerman.net>
Subject New MMBase Installation HOWTO
Date Mon, 15 Dec 2003 15:32:40 GMT
Hi everyone,

I compiled an MMBase Installation HOWTO:
   http://www.offerman.net/MMBase-Installation-HOWTO/

Any feedback is welcome.
I'm not a regular subscriber to this list,
so please reply to mmbase-at-offerman-dot-net.

Best,
   Adrian Offerman

Abstract

This document describes the installation of the MMBase content
management system on a Red Hat Linux distribution, using the Tomcat
application server, and integrating it with MySQL and Apache.

Table of Contents:
   Introduction
   Installation
   Installing Java
   Installing Tomcat
   Replacing Tomcat's default JSP compiler Jasper with IBM's Jikes compiler
   Installing ImageMagick
   Installing MMBase
   Connecting MMBase to MySQL using MySQL Connector/J
   Configuring initial MMBase settings
   Running MMBase
   Connecting Apache and Tomcat using mod_jk2
   Installing an Apache reverse proxy as a front-end to your MMBase server
   Installing more MMBase servers under the same Tomcat server
   Acknowledgements
   Contributers
   Revision history
   Disclaimer