tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Likely bug in org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet (Tomcat 5)
Date Sun, 14 Dec 2003 09:20:05 GMT
Reshat Sabiq wrote:
> OK. I believe the fmt is a non-issue: el does not consider instance
> variables in fmt. It probably worked in Beta 2 out of luck
> (implementation defaulted to default localization attribute name, or
> something like that). I resolved that.
> The last problem i'm having is that when requesting a folder with a
> parameter (e.g., /folder?param=value), when index.jsp for that folder is
> served it does not receive the parameter. This sounds simple, but makes
> applications unusable. Because of this, my migration to J2EE 1.4-DR is
> still in progress. It will probably be harder for me to fix this on my
> own, not knowing Tomcat's architecture and all. Has anybody else come
> across this?

I find this extremely odd. Welcome file redirection is done by rewriting
the servlet path, etc. By then, the query string was set aside, and
should be processed normally.

I think your problem is that an extra redirection will occur:
/folder -> /folder/, and it may not append back the query string. This
should be a trivial fix in the adapter.
If you do /folder/?param=value I think it will work.