tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Reshat Sabiq <>
Subject Likely bug in org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet (Tomcat 5)
Date Thu, 11 Dec 2003 07:27:16 GMT
I think i found a bug in Tomcat 5 implementation (J2EE 1.4-DR). I would
highly appreciate if somebody could provide a brief description of what
includeUri, and requestUri below stand for. I looked at the comments in
Constants, but can't make out a lot out of them. Please see my comment
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service() starting on line 190:
            String includeUri
                = (String) request.getAttribute(Constants.INC_SERVLET_PATH);
            String requestUri
                = (String) request.getAttribute(Constants.INC_REQUEST_URI);
            String jspUri;
            // When jsp-property-group/url-matching is used, and when the
            // jsp is not defined with <servlet-name>, the url
            // as to be passed as it is to the JSP container (since
            // Catalina doesn't know anything about the requested JSP
            // The first scenario occurs when the jsp is not directly
under /
            // example: /utf16/foo.jsp
            if (requestUri != null){
                ////////// This is pretty unsafe syntax, and i do get an
exception here, which is the only reason why i can't migrate my app to
J2EE 1.4-DR! ///////////
                String currentIncludedUri

                if ( !includeUri.equals(currentIncludedUri) ) {
                    includeUri = currentIncludedUri;

P.S. On a positive note, the custom error pages do work in DR, as
opposed to Beta 2.

If you see my certificate with this message, you should be able to send me encrypted e-mail.

Please consult your e-mail client for details if you would like to do that.

View raw message