tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Johnsson <dan.johns...@omegapoint.se>
Subject Re: Minimal server.xml
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2003 12:36:24 GMT
+1

I would even suggest distribute something like this as the ordinary
server.xml, and rename the other as server-examples.xml.

Why? I do most of my tomcat-work with "initial" users, i e either
students taking classes or people doing their first installation. They
are not helped by the "rich" server.xml as they do not yet grasp all the
concepts. To them it would be a lot better to start with a small
server.xml and then add features as they understand them.

And the power-users? Well, they usually think the server.xml is
cluttered with all those examples they already understand.

So examples are great, but I think they should be elsewhere than in the
production config file.

	Dan Johnsson