tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Jess Holle <je...@ptc.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 5 Issue (not 5.0.16 specific!)
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2003 16:44:33 GMT
Tim Funk wrote:

> Section 5.5 of the spec:
> When a response is closed, the container must immediately flush all
> remaining content in the response buffer to the client. The following
> events indicate that the servlet has satisfied the request and that
> the response object is to be closed:
> • The termination of the service method of the servlet.
> * • The amount of content specified in the setContentLength method of
> the response has been written to the response. *

That's what I figured.  I'm just a bit uncertain about the corner/end
case where nothing is to be written to the response, i.e. for a
content-length of 0.

> • The sendError method is called.
> • The sendRedirect method is called.
>
> Looks like the behavior is OK.

I was kind of guessing this was to the letter of the spec -- I'm fine
with my changes (which would not have been necessary but for some old
mechanisms which produce a hash of headers and toss them at code which
simply spits them at the response in hash order -- with a few special
cases to use more specific methods where possible).

--
Jess Holle