tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Jess Holle <je...@ptc.com>
Subject Tomcat 5 Issue (not 5.0.16 specific!)
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2003 15:46:22 GMT
First, I'd like to say that we should *not* consider the following issue
as one to prevent a "stable" label for Tomcat 5.0.16.

That said, I've noted that if you do:

    response.setContentLength( 0 );

All subsequent setHeader(), etc, calls are ignored -- Tomcat considers
the response commited.

Is this as per the spec?  Or is this an odd corner case?

[The fact that we have code that does a setContentLength(0) seems to be
an odd corner case in and of itself...  I've worked around this in our
code by ensuring that this call is always made after all other headers
are assigned.]

--
Jess Holle