tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Jeanfrancois Arcand <jfarc...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-connectors/http11/src/java/org/apache/coyote/http11 Http11Processor.java
Date Mon, 01 Dec 2003 20:55:21 GMT

Remy Maucherat wrote:

> jfarcand@apache.org wrote:
>
>> jfarcand    2003/12/01 12:44:14
>>
>> Modified:    http11/src/java/org/apache/coyote/http11
>> Http11Processor.java Log: Use the socket info instead of hardcoded
>> value. HttpServletRequest.getLocalPort() is currently broken if the
>> port are not the default one.
>

> This looks wrong. I am almost certain this was on purpose. These must
> return the default value for the protocol, not the values actually
> used by the socket.

Humm. Then maybe the way HttpServletRequest.getLocalPort() is
implemented is wrong. Can socket.getLocalPort() returns something
different that 80 if the connector supposed to  listen on 80 (maybe I'm
missing something from the jk side here....)

Also we are doing something similar if http 1.0 is used (just above):

>             // HTTP/1.0
>             // Default is what the socket tells us. Overriden if a
> host is
>             // found/parsed
>             request.setServerPort(socket.getLocalPort());

-- Jeanfrancois