tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Dominik Drzewiecki" <drz...@post.pl>
Subject Default Tomcat installation location on Windows
Date Sun, 28 Dec 2003 20:47:07 GMT
Howdy,

The default location for Tomcat 5.0 installation on Windows is "c:\program
Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 5.0". On the other hand, win32 Apache 2.0
installer suggests "c:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache 2.0". I suggest that
these directories should be unified for clarity, let's say the default root
directory for Apache softwere should be "c:\Program Files\Apache Group". After
all it is Apache's httpd that was first to come up with "Apache Group" directory
;). I think Tomcat 5.0.x as well as 4.1.x should stick with it (Maven does, AFAIK).

With all the best wishes for the forthcoming New Year,
May it be fruitful and peacefull for all of you and your families,

Dominik Drzewiecki