tomcat-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From bugzi...@apache.org
Subject DO NOT REPLY [Bug 16316] - DataSourceRealm can not find JNDI name in context
Date Wed, 10 Dec 2003 19:04:57 GMT
DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL, BUT PLEASE POST YOUR BUG 
RELATED COMMENTS THROUGH THE WEB INTERFACE AVAILABLE AT
<http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=16316>.
ANY REPLY MADE TO THIS MESSAGE WILL NOT BE COLLECTED AND 
INSERTED IN THE BUG DATABASE.

http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=16316

DataSourceRealm can not find JNDI name in context





------- Additional Comments From peter.harrison@nothingbutnet.co.nz  2003-12-10 19:04 -------
Greetings. It appears that a bug I had open has been marked as duplicate to this one which

is marked as "resolved/wontfix".  
 
My problem (and that of many others) is that if you define a JNDI resource in 
GlobalNamingResources or DefaultContext it is not available to web applications. If 
however you move the definition into a Context specific to the webapp it will work - however

that breaks automatic deployment. 
 
Bug 23634 provides some more detail of the issue. What we need is a way to be able to 
deploy a web application using autodeploy and have a database JNDI configuration in the 
DefaultContext or the GlobalNamingResources. This was working just fine in 4.0.4, but it has

not been working with the 4.1 versions that I have tested. 
 
I'm not actually sure if my bug is a duplicate of this one. I don't mind any resolution that

means I can autodeploy again. 
 
PS : I have downloaded the code and spent a couple of hours trying to work this out myself,

however I really need some some days to get the hang of the tomcat code to even really 
start to understand how everything hangs together.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: tomcat-dev-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: tomcat-dev-help@jakarta.apache.org


Mime
View raw message