tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <>
Subject Re: TC5 Adding service.bat
Date Sat, 20 Dec 2003 22:22:43 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mladen Turk" <>
To: "Tomcat Developers List" <>
Sent: Saturday, December 20, 2003 10:27 AM
Subject: TC5 Adding service.bat

> Hi,
> Can we add some batch file to the TC5 installation that
> will enable users to easily install the TC5 as service without
> the need to download the .exe installer.
> Since the procrun is invoked from nsi installation script,
> making something like that would be quite simple.
> I even volunteer to make the job.
> Something like service.bat with optional 'delete' argument
> that will remove the service from the system or install by default.
> How that sounds?

Whenever I install something under procrun, I always do it from a .bat file.
It seems that there are a fair number of people on the user list that would
want this feature as well.  Since the //DS// option simply removes the
service, but leaves Tomcat fully functional, I see no reason to add the
'delete' option as well.