tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "George Sexton" <gsex...@mhsoftware.com>
Subject RE: Performance Recommendation
Date Thu, 11 Dec 2003 19:55:57 GMT
I have done performance testing of a real world app against Orion,
Resin, Tomcat 3.3, 4.0, and 4.1 and noticed little or no difference.
Certainly nothing significant enough to spend money on.

-----Original Message-----
From: Roozbeh Zabihollahi [mailto:yakhmak2000@yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 10, 2003 6:00 AM
To: tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Performance Recommendation

Hi,
I am tomcat user, as all of readers know, tomcat is
very good Jsp Container for developping and not good
for production mode (cause of its performance).

I installed and run 'RexIPAppServer' ,that says it has
best performance, and compare Servlets it generates
for JSPs and Tomcat Generated Servlets.

I see 'RexIPAppServer' construct static strings that
JSP page use with "Static String"s. same as:

  static final char[] _jspText_18="\" >\r\n
".toCharArray();

but Tomcat doesn't distinguish (or it not want to do)
between Static and Dynamic Strings and print them in
dynamic way in service method.

I want to ask from Tomcat Developers, that eather
Tomcat Developers does not want to implement this
feature or not?

and, could you help me to develop this feature,
because i think this is exponentialy improve
performance. ^-^

Best Regards,
Roozbeh Zabihollahi.