tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: LB with mod_jk 2
Date Sat, 22 Nov 2003 06:00:02 GMT

"Remy Maucherat" <remm@apache.org> wrote in message
news:3FBE3D67.4090200@apache.org...
> Hi,
>
> I got a support question about LB with mod_jk 2 (and I saw posts about
> that on tomcat-user).
>
> Either there's something I don't understand, or the
> jk2_get_most_suitable_worker method in jk_worker_lb will always return
> the first worker which is not in an error state (assuming there was no
> session), causing all requests to be redirected to the first declared
> worker in a group.
>
> So did I miss something, or is the algorithm bad ?

My recollection is that the algorithm is bad.  Of course, I'm currently of
the opinion that mod_jk2 is hopelessly broken, so I don't spend much time
there :).  At best, it suffers from the same problems as mod_jk if you are
using the pre-fork MPM, so it doesn't work at all.  mod_jk2 will need to
save this to the smem file in order to work with pre-fork.