tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Johnsson <dan.johns...@omegapoint.se>
Subject Re: Authentication with JAAS / Form Autenthication/ "j_security_check"
Date Fri, 28 Nov 2003 00:20:18 GMT
>> i need to add an extra parameter

Well, you cannot do this kind of things without extending the code (as
you do not stay within the standard servlet security model), so I guess
it is a question for the development list after all.

Without going into the details of what code to change in what way, I
want to warn you. You would be modifying your tomcat to support your
specific application in a very non-standard way. Furthermore, I foresee
no chance that this modification would make it back into the Tomcat
trunk. This means that you will forever be burdened with the work of
adapting this feature to future updates of the Tomcat code.

Taking this into account you might want to stay with the standard model
even if it does not perfectly match your needs.

Only my humble opinion and advice; freely given, and well meant.

	Dan Johnsson