tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject [site] Metrics
Date Tue, 25 Nov 2003 14:17:17 GMT

Hi,
I'd like to run some metrics (JDepend, CheckStyle) on the tomcat 5
source code and publish them on the web site.  Does anyone think this is
a bad idea?

Since tomcat doesn't use Maven(*), and we don't have targets for these
checks in our ant builds, I can do it manually on my local machine.  I
just wanted to make sure no one had an issue with publishing them.  I
think it's a good, transparent move.

(*) = I'd like to use Maven ;)  I even went as far as trying to write a
maven POM for Tomcat 4.1 but the build was too complicated for my Maven
skills at the time.  Any Maven gurus out there are welcome to try...

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics