tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Efrat Bar-Nahum" <efrat_bar-na...@atrica.com>
Subject ConnectException in Tomcat 4.1
Date Wed, 19 Nov 2003 08:27:56 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to run my web application with Tomcat 4.1 (until now I worked with Tomcat 3.2,
and didn't have any problems).
In my application I have an applet that reads from a file (the file is located on the web
server.)
When I try to do it (using Url.openStream()) I get:
java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused.

I guess I have to configure some kind of permissions in the tomcat configuration files or
something like that, but I didn't find anything.
(In my Java policy tool I made sure to give java.security.AllPermission, but I'm not sure
that it's connected).

I know that the problem is not with my applet since the same code is running perfectly on
Tomcat 3.2.
Can you please help me?...

Thanks a lot,
Efrat