tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Stansberry <brian_stansbe...@wanconcepts.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-catalina/catalina/src/share/org/apache/catalina/authenti cator SingleSignOnEntry.java AuthenticatorBase.java BasicAuthenticator.java DigestAuthenticator.java FormAuthenticator.java NonLoginAuthenticator.java SSLAuthentic
Date Mon, 24 Nov 2003 19:31:18 GMT
At 02:08 PM 11/24/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>Brian Stansberry wrote:
>>
>>BTW, the javadoc for javax.servlet.http.HttpSession doesn't specify throwing an IllegalStateException
for a call to getLastAccessedTime().  It looks as if the exception throw  was added in response
to bug 15967, which stated that the javadoc does specify the exception, but I'm looking at
the javadoc for both Servlet 2.3 and 2.4, and in both cases it's not specified.
>Hum...look at:
>
>>http://java.sun.com/j2ee/1.4/docs/api/index.html
>
><quote>
>

>>      getLastAccessedTime
>>
>>public long *getLastAccessedTime*()
>>
>>    [.....]
>>
>>    *Returns:*
>>        a |long| representing the last time the client sent a request
>>        associated with this session, expressed in milliseconds since
>>        1/1/1970 GMT     *Throws:*
>>        |IllegalStateException
>>        <http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4/docs/api/java/lang/IllegalStateException.html>|
>>        - if this method is called on an invalidated session
></quote>

Oh, OK.  The Servlet 2.4 javadoc I was looking at was downloaded from the JSR-154 Proposed
Final Draft 3 web page (http://jcp.org/aboutJava/communityprocess/first/jsr154/index3.html).
 The throws tag is not included there.  Hopefully they'll make this clear when they issue
the final J2EE 1.4 spec.

Brian Stansberry
WAN Concepts, Inc.
www.wanconcepts.com