tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <>
Subject Re: [5.0] New Xerces release
Date Mon, 01 Dec 2003 07:57:08 GMT
Costin Manolache wrote:
> Remy Maucherat wrote:
>> There's a new Xerce 2.6 release, but I still plan to include 2.5 in
>> tomorrow's tag (which works). 2.6 *apparently* works (without any
>> noticeable improvements either), but I fear possible schema related
>> regressions. So not upgrading for this tag is intentional, and I'll
>> update right after the tag :)
>> Rémy
> Can't we just ship tomcat with crimson :-) ?

I don't think so. Some of the committers want to hype their schema
validation thingie :-D They worked so hard to make it actually work, I
can't deny them ;-)

Tomcat still does startup a bit faster with Crimson, so X2 still isn't
as fast.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message