tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-catalina/catalina/src/share/org/apache/coyote/tomcat5
Date Sun, 16 Nov 2003 10:34:05 GMT
Bill Barker wrote:
> I'm -1 on this.  It gives the Servlet no indication that anything is wrong,
> and leaves junk in the input stream for the next keep-alive request.  I
> think that it would be better to handle this in the Adaptor's
> postParseRequest method.

I disagree: the problem with this is that we allocate one array right
away based on content-length, not that there's a big upload (which is fine).

Obviously, keep-alive is not an option in that case (and Tomcat will
attempt to swallow any remaining output).

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message