tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Funk <funk...@joedog.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-catalina/catalina/src/share/org/apache/coyote/tomcat5 CoyoteConnector.java CoyoteRequest.java LocalStrings.properties
Date Sat, 15 Nov 2003 14:23:23 GMT
I like this idea. But if the client sends too much data, it appears there
will be no post data for the Servlet/JSP to process causing strange user
errors. (User: "Why is getParameter(...) null?")

Should an error of SC_REQUEST_ENTITY_TOO_LARGE be sent instead?  Of course,
checking this too early before the user has chance to use a reader or input
stream could also cause problems.

I guess I don't know what I want, but I wonder what to say in the future in
case the assumption above is correct and I see a tomcat-user post about this.

Would it also be reasonable to allow a value of 0 (or -1) to disable this
feature?

-Tim