tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Dirk Verbeeck <dirk.verbe...@pandora.be>
Subject Re: Need Consulting
Date Fri, 14 Nov 2003 22:43:49 GMT
You should first check if your OS is updated properly.

Are you running on (Redhat) linux by any chance?
If you do then you have to be carefull that your linux kernel, libc and JVM
version are compatible (pre or post redhat 9)
This is because the new thread library, Native POSIX Thread Library (NPTL).
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-3-Manual/release-notes/ws-amd64/
http://developer.java.sun.com/developer/technicalArticles/JavaTechandLinux/RedHat/

Another option is to try green threads "-green" option and/or disable hotspot.

If you have a core dump you could analyse it using gdb.

-- Dirk